Assistance providers participating in the event included:
- Richard F. Giersch, CEO & Chairman, Valtari Bio, Director, WVU Innovation Center
- Joseph G. Bunn, Esq., Member, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Kevin O’Connor, West Virginia Senior Business Lender, Natural Capital Investment Fund
- Mike Green, Chairman, West Virginia Growth Investment Fund and Managing Director, Mountain State Capital
Tim James, Loan Officer, First Microloan of West Virginia
- Andreas Baltatzis, Director, KramerAmado, P.C.
- Michele O’Connor, Manager, West Virginia Jobs Investment Trust
- Larry Miller, Executive in Residence, Innovation Works
- Matt Harbaugh, Associate Vice President for Transformation, WVU
The event was conducted in a fashion that encouraged questions and open dialogue between the audience and assistance providers.
Some key takeaways, included:
- First Microloan of West Virginia offers loan funding from $5,000-$50,000 and typically used when bank financing isn’t available.
- Natural Capital Investment Fund offers a $30 million fund operating in underserved communities throughout Appalachia. Typically used when bank financing isn’t available and they also team with other funding sources.
- Mountain State Capital is a newly formed $25 million venture capital fund which will become active in 2017.
- Inventor and entrepreneur resources from the US Patent & Trademark Office are available at: https://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/inventors-entrepreneurs-resources.
- Tips for giving an effective presentation for funding, as provided by Innovation Works Executive In Residence, Larry Miller, can be accessed by clicking here.
Popular 194.64 KB
Increasing Access To Capital For Entrepreneurs.pdf
Popular 722.14 KB
Popular 228.35 KB
The Art of the Investor Pitch.pdf
Popular 970.23 KB